The Relationship Manager (Senior RM) is responsible for partnering with QS Investors’ institutional, sub-advised, and/or international clients to ensure superior client service, enhance client relationships, and identify cross-sale opportunities. This requires developing a thorough understanding of the client organization and owning all aspects of client relationship for QS Investors.
Key Responsibilities Include
- Serve as the primary point of contact for clients, managing the day-to-day oversight of the relationship as well as developing and executing long-term strategic plans
- Support clients and cross-sell both existing QS products and/or create customized solutions to meet client objectives
- Manage client outreach and communications. Collaborate with internal teams to ensure client deliverables are successfully completed and delivered in a timely manner. This includes contributing to due diligence questionnaires, annual 15c responses, and other scheduled monthly/quarterly/annual or ad-hoc client deliverables.
- Work with client and Legg Mason sales teams to provide product training and portfolio updates. Also includes presenting to client investment teams and prospects for asset gathering initiatives.
- Partner with operations, investments, compliance, and business management during client on-boarding process
- Periodic travel to meet with client investment and sales teams
- Contribute to effective RFP and RFI responses when needed
- Collaborate with Client Advisory, Business Management, Investment, and Compliance teams
- Undergraduate degree required (MBA, CFA, or other relevant designations preferred)
- 7-10 years of investment management and client facing/distribution experience
- Proven track record for servicing and expanding client relationships in dynamic, fast paced environment
- Has a passion for the investment management industry, working with multiple client channels, investment strategies (equity and multi-asset), and investment vehicles (Mutual Funds, ETFs, SMAs, CITs)
- Strong communications and organizational skills, with high attention to detail and follow up
- Knowledge of institutional distribution channels preferred (Pension/DB, Sub-advisory, Home Office, Insurance, International)